Wednesday, November 9, 2016

One Amazing Week

Last week was an amazing week.  It started with a trip to Chicago to see Hamilton.  I was lucky to get reasonably priced tickets to a bus trip with other from the Starlight Theater crew.  It was a truely unique and wonderful production.  The music, the lighting, the stage setting, and the costumes were exceptional.  I think I could see it several times, just couldn't afford that.

The very next day we headed out to Houston.  Tuesday was the awards ceremony for the IQA show.  They certainly do it right.  They have a winners circle where all of the ribbon winners sit together.  That means that I was in an area with people I had only admired from afar.  Sitting next to me was Cynthia England, she not only congratulated me on my award, but won best of show.  I was in awe of where I was and who I was with.  Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures, but my DH got this one of me with my quilt.


They want you to stand near your quilt as much as you can.  I spent several hours at different times of the day and met a lot of great quilters.  It was fun to answer questions and, in general, just talk about quilting.  It was a whirlwind three days and something not to be missed.  If you would like to see all of the winners go to quilts.org.

Now that I am home, the holidays loom, but I hope to post another quilt soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment