Thursday, January 19, 2017

I Love a Quiet January

January is such a nice, quiet month.  For the first time in a long while I have been able to spend time quilting, and I have been enjoying it immensely!  

After the holidays, I took time to catch up on the mail.  One of the magazines was Keepsake Quilting and inside a found the most wonderful page of Star Wars fabric.  I had heard from my DD that the boys were having their own wars over the quilt each morning, so-o-o-o, I ordered enough fabric to make two small lap quilts.  Each quilt is just a bit different and has their name on it.  I sent them to the house via UPS and each boy got a box.  They looked pleased and excited that they now have their own quilt.  I love being able to do things like that.







One for each of the boys...























Next, I finished my Cheap Trick quilt.  It is OK, but I had hoped to be a bit more thrilled with it.  I think it's the background quilting, it should have been a bit less rigid.


The one quilt I have been working on for awhile is made from fabric my DD got me when she was in Bali.  It is a combination of the Millefliore pattern in the center, broderie purse from the Bali fabric, and various applique elements.  I just finished appliqueing the last quadrant and am working on embellishing the applique.  I saw a segment by Ricky Tims on using pearl cotton woven with thread.  I had thought about doing French Knots to repeat the small dots in the Bali Fabric, but this is so much better and very much easier. I laid it on the floor to get some idea of how it will look.
Detail of embellishment





















In the mean time...I got an idea for a couple of other quilts.  Will their ever be enough time???

No comments:

Post a Comment